Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Helicopter electronics on to a jet foam pusher

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Helicopter electronics on to a jet foam pusher

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 06:24 PM
BK2_SHOOTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helicopter electronics on to a jet foam pusher

Hi Guys,

Well, sofar ive wasted a load of $$$$ on a rubbish Walkera 22D helicopter, and now i want to use the 3 micro servos and the motor on a plane.

as im new to all of this id love to know from your experiances if what i intend to do is possibble, and what kind of plane i should try it with?????

I have the choppers 370SD stock motor and the 8 cell 9.6v 650mAH Ni-MH battery.

I have also just baught a cheap SU-30 twin prop jet off ebay, would it be possibble to put this set up on that? if so what size prop should i be looking to use.

Id love any input you have, and ill keep u all posted with pics of my build as it goes along.

thanks in advance

Martin.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Helicopter electronics on to a jet foam pusher

Welcome to RCU!

The stuff you have should be usable in SOMETHING, but without more information about the SU30, it's going to be nigh impossible to tell whether the stuff is usable in that or not.

Just as a general rule of thumb, "370" (aka Speed 300) based power systems are generally used on planes weighing up to about 16 ounces, if you make use of a gearbox. Without a gearbox, the prop size that a 370 motor can spin, especially on an 8-cell pack, is very limited. With 7 cells, it should do okay with a "Zagi" prop, but 8 means the prop must be much smaller. For reference, a Zagi prop is approximately 5.5x4.5.

That might be okay for a small jet in the 10-12 ounce (ready to fly) range, though.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:17 AM
BK2_SHOOTER

Default RE: Helicopter electronics on to a jet foam pusher

Hi Matt, thanx for the reply,

well the jet is approx 9.5 grammes, i wonder if you or any one else knows if i would be able to use a differant motor with this radio gear, im aware that its cheap and nasty, but would it be feasable to use a speed 400 motor on it without damaging the electronics, if so what prop sixe and weight range would i be looking to push with that?

sorry about all the newbe questions but ive gotta start somewhere.