Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Which Zagi for a beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 11:51 PM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Zagi for a beginner?

Ok, I saw a Zagi at the park over the weekend and I really want to buy one. I went to their web page and they have several listed. I'm going from a 2 channel Commander to my first 3 channel. I'm probably going to get a slow stick first to get used to the third channel. When I do buy the Zagi which one should I get? Any recommendations on a good reliable setup for this plane? I want to be able to fly in 10-15 mph winds since thats all we ever seem to get. I'm looking at the Futaba T6EXA as my first real transmitter, they seem to be selling on Ebay in the $60-$70 range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...973580691&rd=1

What do you guys think?
Old 05-09-2005, 02:16 AM
lmopar69

Default RE: Which Zagi for a beginner?

Zagis are AWESOME!! I have a Tazz with a brushless and a Kokam LiPo over here in Iraq (courtesy of Greg Covey). Screaming fast! Extremely responsive! The Tazz is an awesome plane, but the downside, for you right now, would be, its screaming fast and extremely responsive! My first "Wing" was a GP Slinger. Much heavier and slower, with a speed 400 motor and 5x5 prop, but held up to my crashes very well. For $50 you can pick one up from Tower Hobbies, and if you have the batteries and radio gear, (must have "elevon" mixing) your all set. Cheaper to destroy a Slinger or similar "cheaper" wing while you get used to flying them than a Zagi.

Look around on the net and find whatever "low cost" wing you can and learn on it, thats my suggestion. Then just transfer your radio gear to a Zagi once you have some experience.

SSG Stahr
Old 05-09-2005, 05:34 PM
PepsiDad

Go with the GP Slinger to learn on then get the Zagi. Imopar69 has the right idea for you.I personally recommend the Slinger.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:49 PM
INeedHelp

The 6exa is a very reliable radio for me and I use all 6 of the program model memories.

For a trainer wing try the Wisper 2 out it tops out at 45 m.p.h. and is a very easy wing to fly. This was the second wing I have ever bought over a year ago and I still take it with me when I go out. You can get them here for less than $50.

www.bmkdesigns.net
Old 05-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Tweet

If you want a Zagi my guess is the Zagi-60 would be a good one to start with. Big and not too fast and a less symmetrical airfoil than the XS.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Talon713

I agree with TWEET. The Zagi 60 is a great beginner platform, can slow down REAL SLLLLOOOOWWWW, or kind of HOT ROD it when your ready to pick up the pace a little! Easy plane to see as well.

Have Fun!

CB