Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Dare (Pat Tritle) B-17 ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 09:21 PM
dgfisher2004
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dare (Pat Tritle) B-17 ??

I just ordered my Dare B-17 kit. I'm real pumped about it. I've wanted to build a B-17 since I started in the hobby. I don't think I've ever relly posted here before but use these forums as a bible for other planes I've built. Everyone here helped me build an awsome A-10 and C-47, even if you don't know it. So thanks and now the B-17 Question.

I've read great things about Pat helping people over phone and email and got some very lengthly and helpful letters back from Dare Designs about the kit. I was considering scratch building from don smith plans but went with Pat's kit instead.
I plan to use 4 geared 480 long cans with 3 blade props and lipos (I'm a lipo maniac, just love 'em). I have a Futaba 7CAP radio and want to use retracts, flaps and bomb bay. I shooting for a very realistic scale model.
I gotta get to work so my question is, has anyone built this kit? I found a couple threads on it and videos but not much. There was one guy that had photos of the build but stopped updating the site half way through. That site was great.

If anyone has heard of any tips or problems with the kit or power plants please let me know. This is a big project for me and any help would be great. Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Garrett
Old 05-16-2005, 02:07 AM
GOODCHILD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dare (Pat Tritle) B-17 ??

Hi Garrett - I have a 12ft wing span B17 that we have flown at displays in the UK for about 4 years. I do not know about the kit you have in mind but if you can give us the wing span weight etc we can assist with the set up. If using lipos you will need to check the c of G carefully with this model if the tail is at all heavy you will need to push the batteries well forward as a tail heavy B17 is not nice to fly. - Ivan