Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Short crystals... what do they mean by short... leads or size of crystal case...?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Short crystals... what do they mean by short... leads or size of crystal case...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 04:03 AM
danoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short crystals... what do they mean by short... leads or size of crystal case...?

I just ordered a Great Planes ElectriFly Micro Flight Pack 5Ch Hi channel. I ordered it without the crystal because they were out of stock of channel 40. I decided to wait on the crystal because I ran out of free cash to buy them, and I'd have needed to order 2 of them on back order. Next week I've got to get a few more things, so I'll order them then.

My question... is it the case or the leads that make this called a short crystal...? I'm gonna order new ones anyway, but could you trim the leads from the original receivers crystals leads, (temporarily to use until I get the new ones next week...?) it's on a Tower Hobbies system 3000 basic, standard 4 channel radio system.

Here's the link:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXCZX3&P=K

Also, if 'yall don't mind, would you give me your opinions of this all in one receiver...? I'm trying to slowly get the things I need to get a 3D foamie job together. This will be my first experience with these 3D ultra performers. I'm a scratch builder by heart so I plan on using plans to get this in the air, but, unfortunately I can't afford to get one all at once, I'm having to get things one piece at a time. I'll be working toward a brushless motor and a brushless speed control later, as this system can be used in my other experiments. This is the smallest one I've purchased yet, honestly... I don't know anything about these combo units yet, hehehe... either way... it's on the way, so negative comments are still welcome too...

Danoman...
Old 05-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Short crystals... what do they mean by short... leads or size of crystal case...?

It's not the leads. The crystal body itself is short compared to a "standard" crystal, and it's different internally. You need the right crystal in order to have the receiver work properly.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:26 AM
danoman

Default RE: Short crystals... what do they mean by short... leads or size of crystal case...?

Thanks...
I haven't bought anything like this before...

Danoman...