Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

skyscooter pro 2- any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 08:57 PM
greatplanes
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skyscooter pro 2- any good?

was looking for an electric trainer for a newbie pilot. i see this comes with everything i need,also can take abuse.
any body have any experience or comments on this combo before i take the plunge?
thanks in advance
scott
Old 10-29-2002, 02:51 AM
ggimlick

The new Sky Scooter Pro 2 is an excellent product. The setup flys well as it comes from the box, but can be tuned a bit to make it really sporty when you're ready for a more aerobatic plane. I changed the connectors on mine just because I wanted it compaitble with the rest of my stuff and I fly it on an 8 cell pack of 600AE cells most of the time. With the control throws drastically increased it will do lots of aerobatics, but there is no rudder. I've crashed it into the ground and it bounced off a shed one day and so far the only damage has been a broken prop and a control horn that came off. The hinges and horns are attached with hot glue so if one pops off it's easy to fix......assuming you have a hot glue gun or epoxy.
When I did the review for it my photographer was so impressed he ordered one for himself so he'd have something to expose new flyers to.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Jim Finn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the first time I heard a good thing said about the Scooter and I used to sell them in a hobby shop! The best way to learn to fly is to find an instructor, in a club mabey, and get the plane he suggests.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:58 PM
ggimlick

No doubt that getting an instructor is the best way to learn.

Don't confuse the Scooter Pro 2 with the previous versions when it comes to flying characteristics, that's apples and oranges.

The San Diego group has changed the power system on the original versions and pylon race them. The new version got rid of the silly cutoff switch that used to hang off the bottom too.

I also added a cell and increased the throws by a magnitude of two or more to make it sporty.