Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

C 25 speed control

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:36 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C 25 speed control

On Tower's site it shows seven wires on the battery side. Two for switch and three for servo lead. But on the Tech notes it does not say any thing about a switch. So does it have a switch or not????
Old 06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Krysta

Default RE: C 25 speed control

This is being moved to the electronics forum, as it is not a Futaba question.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:43 AM
wreck_em_all

If you are talking about a Castle Creations PHX-25 there are 8 wires. They are: 3 servo, 2 battery, and 3 motor. There is no switch.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:45 PM
feihu-RCU

The two leads on the battery side is for the battery, not a switch. The red and black wires go to the battery and the blue and white wires go to the motor. The three leads go to the receiver throttle channel.
There is no switch on the esc. When the esc is plugged into the circuit, all the receiver channels work EXCEPT the throttle; which doesn't work until after it is armed by moving the transmitter throttle control to full position and back to off. The throttle channel will now work.
I noted on the instructiions that the Hitec HS-55 servos will not work with the c25 esc.

I install a separate manual switch between the battery and the esc.

feihu

Old 07-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

What "C 25" ESC are we talking about here?

The Great Planes C-25 ESC has to have a switch. What else would the extra red & black wires be for? All other Great Planes ESCs have switches, so that's a pretty good clue in and of itself.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I should have said it was the Electofly C-25 by GP. The picture shows the wires all seven--But the tech notes do not say anything about a switch. On some of the other Electofly controls they do have a switch and also state so in the tech notes. So any one know if it does???????
Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 AM
nosajguy

i am new to this site so could someone please tell me how well a 2channel futabu radio would work on a tamiya knight hauler or truck of same make or am i better off with a 4channel or more
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have several GP Electri-Fly ESCs.
The brushless type have no switch. Nor provisions for one.
The battery is not plugged in until the airplane is to be flown, and is disconnected at the end of the flight.
The brushed type has a switch on a 3-wire twisted lead.
This switch is "smart", it will beep for the number of Lipo cells powering it.
For all ESCs, the switch should not be counted on to prevent draining the battery when the switch is "OFF". The ESC will still draw a small current from the battery, which, for a Lipo battery left plugged in overnight, will kill that battery dead!
When you're not flying, disconnect the battery.
Use the switch to keep the motor off when handling the plane, but always disconnect the battery when not flying.