Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I am looking for a plane to fit my motor/lipo combo... help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I am looking for a plane to fit my motor/lipo combo... help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 12:18 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I am looking for a plane to fit my motor/lipo combo... help

I have some new gear that I bought for an e-flite Ultimate, but after seening my buddies fly I decided I wanted a non 3D plane.

I have a Outrunner 400 motor and 1320mah 2 cell lipos. Please recommend me some planes. I prefer warbirds and sport flyers (Sig Four Star 40).

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am looking for a plane to fit my motor/lipo combo... help

With only a 2S LiPoly, that's not much power to work with. If that's what your friends are using on Eflite Ultimates, it's no wonder you're disillusioned with "3D" flight...

What "Outrunner 400" motor is this?

Given the capability of the battery pack, 13.2 Amps at about 7 Volts, you've got 92 Watts to work with. This will power a sport plane up to around 20 ounces fairly well. It'd be perfect for any GWS warbird.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:16 PM
elfwreck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey now,
I'll second the GWS war birds. If you want tameish and pretty, the Stearman pt17 is pretty cool, and the Formosa is a perfect little pattern model, though not a warbird. Have you looked into mountain models? The miniFlash is very like a sporty fourty model, I'd prefer a 3s LiPo but it would fly just fine with your set up. Then there's Flying Styro. Those are very good looking kits that fly very well. They are a bit on the fragile side, but if you're past the toss-n-crash stage you may like them and they'd be perfect with your drive system.
RobII
Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a mistake, the lipos are 3 cell. Also, the Outrunner 400 is make by e-flite. It's the 920kv version. Does that make a difference in the above recommendations?