Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Outfitting A Graupner Sunwheel

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Outfitting A Graupner Sunwheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 04:31 PM
jthella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outfitting A Graupner Sunwheel

I am building a Graupner Sunwheel Park Flyer that I purchased long before job relocation made me pack it up about two years ago. I have recently unpacked it, and would like suggestions and help on the best power/battery/prop set up to fly the plane. I bought a Graupner Speed 400 motor with a CIRRUS BEC speed control (rated @ 15 amps max.), but have not purchased batteries or a prop or spinner adapter mount. Could I get some feedback on how best to equip this plane. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Outfitting A Graupner Sunwheel

Could you please post some specs for this plane?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:14 PM
jthella

Unfortunately this is a discontinued model. However I was able to log onto the Graupner website and find the specs (in metrics, which have been converted and rounded up to the nearest inch or ounce) for the plane. Since I am relatively new to the hobby, I hope this information helps.

Wingspan is 900 mm or 36 inches.
Overall Length is 830 mm or 33 inches
Model Weight is 400 grams or 14 ounces.

It was suggested to have a Speed 280 motor, but the kit included a flyer insert saying that the model could be upgraded to a Speed 400 motor, which I purchased with a 3:1 gear box.

My question is, what battery pack should I purchase for best flight duration and power?
What prop to use?

I have a Hi Tec four channel radio and I am using the 55 series micro servos, which I originally had in a Tiger Moth that did not survive an ocean landing (crash?).

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:16 PM
jthella

Forgot to mention that it is a biplane/trainer model. You can look it up on www.Graupner.com, do the conversion to English, and do a search for "Sunwheel" and it will show a picture of the plane, a brief description, and specs for outfitting.