Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Re-use ParkZone P-51D Mustang electronics in a ARF Trainer

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Re-use ParkZone P-51D Mustang electronics in a ARF Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:53 AM
PERTU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-use ParkZone P-51D Mustang electronics in a ARF Trainer

Hi,

I'm new to RC planes, but I always wanted an RC plane since I was a child. 3 days ago I went to a hobby store with a friend, and I decided to buy a Park Zone P51D Mustang. I thought because it was only 3 channels it would be easy to fly. But after 2 successful takeoffs out of 4 attempts, and 2 crashes, I realized I was wrong. My plane is repairable, but I know I will crash it again . So I would like to know if it is possible to buy an ARF kit, and use my Mustang's electronics in it. Because I don't really have the money to buy a Radio, servos, receiver, esc, etc. I'm looking for a Kit that is really easy to fly, a slow park flyer, and it must be around $50 USD or less.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Re-use ParkZone P-51D Mustang electronics in a ARF Trainer

Does the equipment look like it can be removed without destroying the airplane? I'm not familiar with the insides of this particular plane.

Many of these RTF designs are set up so that to remove and reuse the equipment, you have to tear the plane to pieces.

What you're looking for is "modularized" construction. The ESC, receiver, and servos as separate units. Many of the earlier designs have everything on one board, including the servos. Such a design is reusable, but having everything separate makes reusing the system easier.

I think you'd have a ball with a GWS Slow Stick, and the components from the P-51 should work well with it.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:17 AM
PERTU

Default RE: Re-use ParkZone P-51D Mustang electronics in a ARF Trainer

Thanks for your reply Matt.

Yes the equipment looks like it can be removed quite easily. There are 2 micro servo, but the receiver and esc seem to be combined into one unit. So what bugs me is the esc, if it is combined to my receiver I can't plug another one, right? Because If I have to change my receiver it means I have to change my Radio because it is 27 mhz and I can't change the crystal. So any chances this esc, might works with another motor, the one for the GWS Slow Stick for example?