Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Alfa or Parkzone P-51

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:46 PM
MarkJayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alfa or Parkzone P-51

I could do with a bit of information on the P-51's. My mate is thinking of going for one but is a bit unsure as we have never seen them in the flesh.
What are they like to fly and which are better, the Alfa models from Hobby Lobby or the ParkZone one's.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Alfa or Parkzone P-51

Two completely different models meant for two completely different modelers...

The Alfa is a highly-detailed exact-scale foam kit (not an ARF because there are MANY parts to assemble), while the Park Zone is a "stand-way-back-and-bludgeon-yourself-upside-the-head-with-a-brick-scale" RTF that comes out of the box in charge-and-fly condition.

How's your friend's piloting skills? With the suggested power system, the Alfa will fly circles around the PZ, and flies beautifully from any accounts I've read/heard, but it's still for a more skilled pilot. The PZ is better suited for an intermediate pilot.

The Alfa is a plane so beautiful and detailed (and expensive), you handle it with white gloves, while the PZ is an affordable bang-around fun flyer. Which is your friend looking for?

Basically, apples and oranges. In a heads-up, they're both the best, but for completely different reasons.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:19 PM
MarkJayne

Mmmm, yes well as far as the skilled pilot is concerned he is on his second sonic liner and has gone through three twinjets. I must admit that looking at the alfa in the video's they do look the bizz, its just that he does seem to go through quite a bit of cyano and activator. How much can you get away with these alfa's.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:33 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt,
hmmmm the Alfa models are actually better than ARFS they come almost completly built with minor finishing work to be done. check this link http://hobby-lobby.com/p51_marie.htm the whole Alfa line comes almost ready to fly right out of the box. a friend of mine has the Alfa corsair and it is a great flying plane, granted not for the beginner but flys great. and ive been thinking about getting the P-47 chow hound for myself.

as for the park zone, i know nothing as SGT schulz would say

as for the alfa`s durabilty my friend has had a coupleaccidents with his and he used epoxy to fix it and it was good to go and also i THINK he used foam safe CA with accl once and it worked fine also.

bassman