Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Wanting More from my next Outrunner

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wanting More from my next Outrunner

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:16 AM
stevenchao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting More from my next Outrunner

We are in the process of redesigning our brushless outrunners again. However, before we introduce them, we like to see if we have made every effort of making something that fits you, the consumer. So here is the chance for you to list things/features/performance/assembly/request/service... ANYTHING you like to see on your future brushless outrunner motors. Don't mind about our production limitations you name them, perhaps other mfgs will also watch this thread too. Hopefully you will make a difference in the next generation of production.

If you feel awkward posting your ideas/request/concept, you can email us at [email protected] (Attn: Steven Chao if you like). Please use this thread title (Wanting More from my next Outrunner) so we can easily track mssgs.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
AON Electric
Tel: (310) 470-5188
Old 08-15-2005, 08:29 AM
ron_van_sommeren

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Wanting More from my next Outrunner

Do you have a link to your current series of outrunners?

Vriendelijke groeten Ron van Sommeren
• diy motor building tips & tricks
• diy outrunner discussion group
• int. E fly-in & diy outrunner meet, Aug.28th, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 AM
stevenchao

We are in the process of refining our outrunners. We want to make certain that we have taken people's comments seriously. We also want to see if there are things that we did not come across before.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
AON Electric
Old 08-22-2005, 12:55 AM
mblue2050
My Feedback: (6)

http://www.aonelectric.com/

curious myself
Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Ok,

Here is what I look for in an outrunner, I have experience with AXI, Hacker, Himax, Little screamer.

1) Performance - measured in thrust per amps. AXI seems to always come out pretty close to the top on this one.

2) Size - I fly three different popular sizes 8oz, 16oz and 22oz planes. You need to "win" in these catagories.

3) Mounting options - clearly the himax wins this, however, there is an issue that people don't seem to address. If you are converting from the stick mount GWS gear boxes. The stick mounts that Himax, and AXI offer place the prop at a different spot. Sometimes this doesn't matter, but sometimes it is a big deal. Offer better stick mount options, and like Himax put them in free.

4) Price - These things need to get down into the $40 dollar range. It is simply a matter of mass production and volume.

(Having listed these, pay attention to the order. Performace always wins over price, after all we have already dumped plenty of money into these planes, do I want it to perform poorly because a was unwilling to spend another $20?)
Old 08-23-2005, 06:19 AM
ron_van_sommeren

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Motors don't produce thrust, props produce thrust
Old 08-23-2005, 08:26 AM
RickAvery

Have the mounting brackets included in the motor package, a-la HiMaxx. And you could go one better, as previously mentioned many are retro fitting their already built up GWS gearbox planes to outrunner, and having a mount which locates the motor in the correct position using the already installed gearbox stick would be nice.
Rick