Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Kyosho T-33-Max Battery Size?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Kyosho T-33-Max Battery Size?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Rahlberg13-delete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho T-33-Max Battery Size?

I'm looking for some advice regarding the Kyosho T-33. I've flown this with the stock motor and a 7 cell (8.4V) 1800mAh battery setup, with less than decent performance. I've heard of people upping the voltage to get a lot better performance from this jet.

I was just wondering how much is too much for these little motors? I was planning on building a battery stick with 9 or 10 cells (10.8-12V)-1000mAh. Am I going to burn the motor up with this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Russ
Old 10-24-2002, 05:58 PM
talybont

Hi Russ,

I had this T-33 a few years ago. Nice plane but poor engine and fan. I used 8x Sanyo RC 2000 and that burned the motor after 10 flight. Some friends had more fun. Their motor collapsed after 15 flights. So I cannot understand how to use 10 cells with this engine.
Maybe you get another fan (Wemotec from Germany) and another motor (Plettenberg HP 200 from Germany, too) but they are quite expensive.

MfG,
Armin
Old 10-29-2002, 02:25 AM
ggimlick

You can up the cell count, but you've got to time the motor for it. The surefire way to enjoy the T-33 is to go to one of the new small brushless motors, sensorless controller and Wemotec fans.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:41 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

A few months back, there was an article in RCM (RC Modeler) on hopping up the T-33 so that it flew like it should. It involved ditching all the Kyosho parts and putting in a much lower-capacity, 12-cell battery, a hot little motor and a high-efficiency fan.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:35 AM
rcwacogeorge

I have done 2 of the T-33's with Astro Flight 805K brushless motor replacements running 7 or 8 cell Sanyo 2400 mah packs. Very expensive,but provides performance for loops and cuban eights for 3 to 4 minutes, however I've had 2 "rotor bursts" with the 8 cell configuration. This motor is drawing 30+ amps on the 8 cell pack and the fan is quite loud at full throttle!