Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Why does elevator servo only give 15% throw in one direction and 100% in the other?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Why does elevator servo only give 15% throw in one direction and 100% in the other?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 02:57 AM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does elevator servo only give 15% throw in one direction and 100% in the other?

I noticed that the throw on the elevator servo is 100% up (to about 45 deg) and maybe 15-20% down (to about 10 deg). Anyone know why that would be? I even unhooked the pushrod thinking that maybe the elevator was binding but its the same. Is the radio setup this way to prevent nose dives? How do I get around this? Or is it a bad servo???
Old 08-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Dsegal

Default RE: Why does elevator servo only give 15% throw in one direction and 100% in the other?

> I noticed that the throw on the elevator servo is 100% up <

Do you actually mean the elevator travel itself rather than the movement of the servo arm? First. look at the servo only and note its travel. It should be about 45 degrees each side of center. If not, you must solve that problem. If the servo is OK the problem is in the linkage. The servo arm must be at 90 degrees to the axis of the pushrod- if not, you will get unequal throw. Another suspect is incorrect placement of the elevator horn. The line of holes in the horn must be perpendicular to the elevator and placed directly over the hinge line of the elevator. If this is off you can't get equal travel. If you are using a flexible pushrod and it is not secured from sideways movement along its length things will be off. Finally, you must be assured that the travel settings on the elevator channel of your transmitter are set to be equal.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:31 AM
xray328

Default RE: Why does elevator servo only give 15% throw in one direction and 100% in the other?

Its gotta be in the radio settings then. I took a brand new servo and attached an arm to it. The servo arm is still not giving me anywhere near 45 degrees on one side. What settings would control that? I have the Futaba T6EXAP (?). I've checked every setting I can find and they are all at 100%.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:40 AM
xray328

Never mind, I got it. The endpoint was set at 50%.