Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Mega 22/45/3e

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
eulgeneral

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega 22/45/3e

Hello,

I 'ce sen on Mega's site that this motor turns a 13x8 propeller to 10400 rpm. I would know if someone has any experience why this motor. My aim is the conversion of my 3100g(empty without motor) Topflite spitfire. At this time, the fighter is powered by an os 70 surpass with 12.5x8 propeller wich is turned at 10000 rpm.

Do you mind that the mega could power my plane, please?

Thanks.

Yannick
Old 09-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mega 22/45/3e

Rarely do you want to convert to electric by going prop size for prop size, and RPM for RPM. What ends up happening is the electric power system comes out tremendously heavier, tremendously more expensive, and tremendously less efficient than a properly sized electric power system.

Let's start with the plane. What is the weight of the plane, ready to fly with fuel?