Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Safety switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:49 AM
pl365322

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Safety switch

Hi guys!
How can I insert a safety switch in the power harness using BEC fonction to avoid the engine start even if the gas stick is not properly set or idle to fast.
Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Safety switch

As I stated on our sister site, wattflyer.com, if the ESC doesn't have an arming switch or receiver power switch, it's not designed to have one. There simply is no provision to add one.

Any ESC you can buy these days has a software arming sequence that depends on the throttle being in a certain position(s) for certain amounts of time. Most require at least a few seconds at low throttle before arming.

Preferably, you should disconnect the battery any time you need to work on the airplane, and immediately after you land. That's the only way to 100% prevent the prop from starting accidentally. If you absolutely must work on the plane with the battery connected, remove the prop.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Jerry Ledford
My Feedback: (15)

On your speed control, cut the red wire for your battery and solder your switch between the two cut wires.Nothing works till you flip the switch to ON. Jerry
Old 10-08-2005, 10:00 PM
AgCat1982

You have to have a switch that is heavy enough to handle the amps that your motor draws. It may not be lightweight.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:16 PM
rcpunk
My Feedback: (4)

I use a fuse holder from Radio shack that is mounted so the plug sockets are flush with the side of the plane. It is installed in the red wire between the battery and the speed control. When ready to fly I install a short piece of wire across the fuse sockets to complete the circuit. Just make sure the wire is a snug force-fit.
RCPunk