Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Total Noob question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 10:22 AM
lynntonyd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total Noob question

I'm building my first electric, a Yak 55 EP plane by Great Planes. I have the 4 ch receiver and I am ready to hook it up. Here's my question. The 4 channels are 1,2,3,4/B which I assume is battery. The first 3 channels are rudder, elevator and ailerons. The last is for the speed controller of course. The ESC has one connector that goes to the receiver. Does that connector provide battery power to the receiver AND double as the speed control from the receiver? I assume the 3 wires would be power, ground and a variable output for the speed control?

Sorry for such a dumb noob question but the documentation in the plane and esc is lacking this simple question.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:49 AM
MKMotorsport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Total Noob question

Yes..

The SC gives power to and recieves commands via the 1 connection. I believe on "Futaba" style connections (white, black, red)- white is the 'signal' lead, red/black supply power.

To make dual aileron servos work with that setup you'll also need a 'reversing' Y connector harness for the aileron servos (assuming your using 2 as the kit calls for)