Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

megax brushless help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 12:43 PM
P307

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megax brushless help

hi I HAVE FITTED A MEGAX MB2040-H MOTOR AND ALIGN RCE-BL25G SPEED CONTROL TO MY HELI THE MOTOR GETS HOT AFTER 2 MIN RUNNING AND 1800 LIPO ONLY RUNS FOR 5 MIN OR SO I HAVE TRYED LESS PITCH BUT DID NOT MAKE IT BETTER THERE ARE OPTIONS FOR SET UP ON SPEED CONTROL I AM SET AT NO BRAKE, MID TIMEING, BATTERY PROTECTION 65% AIRCRAFT STATUS HELICOPTER 1 SOFT START HELI IS ZOOM 400 ANY INFORMATION WILL HELP THANKS.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: megax brushless help

The ESC doesn't do anything to limit the current. No amount of changing settings is going to fix this problem.

You tried less pitch and it's still getting hot. Obviously you didn't try "less enough." If the motor is still getting hot, that means either the motor is broken, or the prop is still too big. Make sure the motor isn't damaged, and keep trying smaller and smaller props.

If you can beg, borrow, or steal a Whattmeter from a flyer friend, get it and hook it up so you can see how many Amps you're drawing. If the meter says you're drawing more than the rated Amps for the motor, ESC, or battery, keep trying smaller props until everything is running within limits.

Unfortunately, if you keep overheating the motor, you're going to damage it, and reducing the prop size won't help at that point.