Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

props vs motors

Old 01-06-2006, 02:39 AM
jetpower17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default props vs motors

Can someone direct me to a side or give me info of how to find the right prop for the right motor ie brushless motor of a specific power what kind of prop goes with it with or without gearbox and what are the best compinations etc.
Thank u
Old 01-06-2006, 10:17 PM
SAFZERO

Default RE: props vs motors

Hi,

Try this site:
http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp

SAFZERO
Old 01-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: props vs motors

P-Calc does allow you to TRY different combinations of battery, motor, gearbox and prop. It doesn't tell you what will work, so unless you have a reasonable starting point, it's of limited usefulness.

Most manufacturers give you clues as to a range of props and batteries to work with. Some go as far as presenting extensive application tables that show the performance of the motor with many different props and batteries. Personally, I wish more manufacturers produced application tables. It would make things so much easier.