Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Which mods to add for the Hobbico Superstar

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Which mods to add for the Hobbico Superstar

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Kyonic
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which mods to add for the Hobbico Superstar

Hello again well I have decided to go with the Hobbico Superstar EP with ailerons over the parkzone super-d. Now my question is what is a simple list of mods to add to the superstar to make it a better longer lasting trainer. I was thinking like motor,battery, prop, larger tires, steerable tail wheel. I am new to rc so all the help would be great to maybe after mods are suggested if you could help me with install of them.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:25 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: Which mods to add for the Hobbico Superstar

well i think the mod to get would be an instructor
Old 01-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Kyonic
My Feedback: (8)

I am a commercial airline pilot with 300 hours in airplanes and I have soloed rc and have realflight I do not find either hard.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:09 PM
pcsketch

IF your willing to leave a good design alone then just buy some 7 cell 3800mah packs and go fly! local hobby shop sells the 3800 packs for $38.

Bigger main wheels, brushless motor, 2 lipoly packs - and charger and speed control cost enough to have -atlest- 8 7X3800 packs..... I leave the charger at home and fly.

Belive me 8 minute flights 8 times is more than all the flying I do at the field, of coures Dallas Wingdiners has a canvas runway.

BTW 6 to 8 minutes is the average the glow flyers do at a time - timmed with a stopwatch in the pocket.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 PM
twmoody

ORIGINAL: pcsketch

Belive me 8 minute flights 8 times is more than all the flying I do at the field, of coures Dallas Wingdiners has a canvas runway.

BTW 6 to 8 minutes is the average the glow flyers do at a time - timmed with a stopwatch in the pocket.
Boy! You sure fly with a different group of people then fly at the field I fly at. The average glow flight is 20 min or more. I fly my average electric for 12 to 15 min and have 3 planes that I fly for 45 min. And I time my flights with the timer on my transmitter.

Tom Moody