Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Guess I've got enough parts now...

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Guess I've got enough parts now...

Old 01-09-2006, 10:17 PM
OrangeCrush03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess I've got enough parts now...

When I crashed my Extreme, I ordered a few new parts from Hobbyzone. (fuse, rear wing, etc etc). Right after I ordered it, I won an auction on ebay from some guy that had 2 extremes that he bought and crashed and before he ruined them, he figured he would sell 'em so..... now I've got a few extra parts.

That was cool until I came across this for sale from Hobby zone.

It wasn't bad enough to win all those parts but since I was wanting to buy a Slo-V, I bought one and then came across this for sale.

Both auctions will give me basically enough to build 6 planes. I'm sure there's a few missing pieces but for the most part, I'll have enough parts I think now. The way I'm learning to fly, I'll need them...lol.

Mark
Old 01-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

Default RE: Guess I've got enough parts now...

I think you might be jinxing yourself!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Leo L

The guy selling all of those parts on E-bay, HobbydealsUSA, is actualy an agent for the manufacturer, selling blemished or retuned planes and parts. I bought three of my planes from him. I was very impressed because they were shipped very quickly, came exactly as advertised, and when two of the planes exhibited receiver problems, he sent me new receivers at no cost. In fact, the only planes that I fly right now are ones that I bought on e-bay from HobbyDealsUSA.

I've often thought about bidding on the large stocks of parts, but the bids usually go above the amount that I'm willing to spend and my wife already compains that I have too many planes and parts lying around. Good luck with your purchases and have fun. I hope that you get to fly every day and that you never need to dip into your spare parts inventory.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:33 PM
OrangeCrush03

Man, don't say I'm jinxing myself.... I have enough problems without my help...lol.

Leo,

You're right, the seller is fantastic. Great communication, great products, SUPER FAST delivery. I received some parts planes from a winning bid on ebay and they were a complete POS. What a waste of money. If I had seen the Hobbyzone seller before I bought the other crap, I would have never bothered with it. Oh well, live and learn.

Mark