Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help with newbie prop shaft question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Help with newbie prop shaft question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 AM
skypix
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with newbie prop shaft question

HI, thanks for checking my post. I'm fairly new to electrics (although not to buying kits, I've been going nuts lately) and I built a Great Planes Slinger, only the inside shaft diameter of the prop is about 2.5 times what it should be, too big for the shaft I mean. I called Tower HObbies and talked with a very friendly "tech" rep for about 10 minutes, he said they'd send me the correct ones. I had the impression he didn't really understand what I was talking about.

The props with little rubber spinners came yesterday, they're exactly the same as came with the kit.

I'm guessing Great Planes expects ARF kit builders to know that the Slinger needs to have a prop shaft adapter bought, but nowhere in the instructions or on the box or website or wherever is it mentioned...can anybody help? It's a speed 400 motor, who do I have to frack [:@] (yes, I'm a Battlestar Galactica fan) to get the prop to fit?

thanks
JIm
Old 01-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help with newbie prop shaft question

Jim :
The prop slides onto the spinner, then the spinner presses onto the motor shaft. Make sure the writing on the spinner goes to the back of the prop if it's a Gunther.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:39 AM
kuga220

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...ticle_id=365#2
mentions:"Graupner 6053.31 prop adapter for 3.2mm shaft".
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 AM
skypix

Thanks guys, this is a real "Doh!"...I just called Great Planes a few minutes ago, it took their friendly cust. serv. rep about 10 minutes to get somebody to help, but found out the solution is so simple my face is [:@] (not angry, just feeling a little dense.) The instructions do, kind of, mention that, but it would help if they just said something a little clearer like, "the prop hub adapts the prop to the motor". Because I'd tried that initially but it took one helluva push to get it even started on the shaft, I figured it's never good to force things, and also it seemed a little too simplistic and not real solid.

But sometimes simple is right, right? and thanks for your help.[8D]
Old 01-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sky:
a bit of spit on the motor shaft to lube it and the rubber will go on easier. I just reread that and it sounded terrible.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:16 PM
skypix

ORIGINAL: Flypaper 2

Sky:
a bit of spit on the motor shaft to lube it and the rubber will go on easier. I just reread that and it sounded terrible.
[:'(]

Thanks for the help, good idea.