Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

24 volt mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 09:05 PM
marb26ml
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 volt mustang

hello evryone i am new to rc,i acquirred a one third scale mustang.avery large plane,i debating to find a 250 cc engine or bigger.i came across a 24 volt electric scooter missing parts,ihave not weighed the combo yet but i wondr if it might not be feasable ooops,to use it with a reduction system to turn a scale prop?the mtr is sealed idont know if its brushlss or not.there is not a firewall in it yet.thought i would throw this to people with alot more exp.any comments would be app oops by the way batts are wet cell 12 volts 2 of them.I'll be back.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: 24 volt mustang

Think of it this way:

How does a 250cc dirt bike compare in performance to an electric scooter? Ayup, the scooter system ain't gonna cut the mustard.

Electrifying this is possible, but practical? Is a 1/3 scale R/C model of a P-51 Mustang practical? I rest my case. Heh. Anyway, we gotta get a weight on this bird to get a good idea of the kind of power we're looking at. Any ideas?

1/3 scale huh? I guess that's why they say EVERYTHING's bigger in Texas
Old 02-14-2006, 05:44 PM
ron_van_sommeren

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The Mustang, whether with IC motor or electric, is totally, completely not suited for beginners. Waste of time and big money. Check out the beginners forum for suitable planes.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:13 PM
marb26ml
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for the input matt and ron.now lets get back to the subject,let me be more specific does anyone think may be gear reduction mmight be useful.sorry about the delay in responding.iam quite aware of p51's not being beginer planes idont tthinnk it will fly anytime soon but i payed 500.00 framed and planked i think i'm in pretty cheap. i wonder at times because soomeone does not have a good day or feels negative about certain experiments how much has been lost or forgotten because they thought it was a waste of time or comparativly speaking about int combustiion engines?agaiin thanks for your input,i will have to try and experiment, thanks marty