Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Formosa stab incidence question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Formosa stab incidence question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:44 AM
skrez
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formosa stab incidence question

Hi Guys,
I`m finally getting around to building my GWS Formosa after it has sat in the box a year. There was some warpage issues that I was able to handle, but I noticed that the main wing and stab were not 0 incidence. The factory molded opening in the fuse for the stab was actually -3 degrees( leading edge of stab was -3 down)It did'nt look right to me so I sanded the opening and shimmed the stab so it is 0 incidence with the main wing. Can some of you Formosa owners look at your planes and let me know if your stabs are in-line or off like I just discribed?Maybe this is the reason some people were having trouble trimming their Formosa's?
Regards,
Frank
Old 03-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Formosa stab incidence question

Normally if the stab is lower than the wing, you'd see some positive incedence built in to counteract the downwash rolling off the top of the wing, "blowing" on the upper surface of the stab, and causing the plane's nose to rise. I'm not sure why negative would be built in, though. IMHO, you won't hurt a thing by setting it to 0.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:36 AM
jooNorway

Default RE: Formosa stab incidence question

There are a lot of slanting Formosas on the market...
Just for fun I measured mine (which flies well) and the angles were 0 on the wing when I set the stab as reference/0. I did expect the wing to have 1/2 - 1 positive according to the stab, but it did not...