Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Question to other JR radio Owners

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Question to other JR radio Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 PM
cg_anem8or

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question to other JR radio Owners

I have a JR XF631 and a JR XF421 I've had them for about 4 years now and was wondering if anyone else has notice this.

Well today I was testing out a new brushless motor and speed controller and the speed and power seemed to be not as powerful as the stock setup at full throttle, so I decided to check the speed controller's settings and couldn't get into the settings. The speed controller never received a full throttle signal from the JR XF631.

The speed controller only read a full throttle signal when I changed the throttle travel to 150% from 100% in doing so I could enter the speed controller settings and the engines performance increased dramatically.

I tested this out on the JR XF421 which controls a burshless aircraft (I was able to get into the speed controllers settings) and notice an increase in power when setting the throttle trim to about 130% from the factory setting of 100%.

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and why no where in either manuals did it say anything about setting the throttle travel to 150% will give better performance. I don't think I've heard this from anyone, not even brushless motor salesmen at a RC convention I went to.

I always thought 100% meant 100%, not 150% means 100% full throttle.

Thanks for reading this.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:12 AM
powerlines

Default RE: Question to other JR radio Owners

I have never had a problem with mine. I have the 378. AWESOME radio.. I make sure my throttle is all the way down on my radio then turn the radio on and then plug the lipo up to the controll. The brushless will beep a few times and I am ready to go. I have never had any trouble at all..

LATER
Old 03-24-2006, 09:30 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

4 years old! Maybe the little lithium battery inside is starting to go and messing up the settings intermittently.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:11 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Could it be in the set up process of the esc; when you slide the throttle from bottom to top?

Brad