Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

side/downthrust problem on a mini funtana

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

side/downthrust problem on a mini funtana

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:03 AM
+c0re-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side/downthrust problem on a mini funtana

I have just received an e flite mini funtana kit, along with their park 400 brushless inrunner. Using the stock gearbox that came with the kit.

The problem is that the motor/gearbox mounting "stick" isn't a snug fit into the firewall. it has around 1/8" of play both side to side and up/down. As such I don't want to glue it in place yet as it seems the sidethrust and downthrust angles will not be what they're supposed to be.

I can't find the specs for these angles anywhere unfortunately.

Anyone either know the correct angles, or have a suggestion as to what I can do to resolve this problem? Should I just glue it in so that it lines up with the same corner on both the firewall and the next bulkhead? I figure that way the motor may be a couple of mm off centre but the angle should be correct.

Thanks for any help!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 AM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: side/downthrust problem on a mini funtana

CA some 3/32 ply spacers to the stick, top and one side. Then test fit it in, see how well it lines up with the cowl. I know mine was a little loose, but not 1/8" loose. I was able to just fill with epoxy. Perhaps someone else can provide the alignment specs, I no longer have mine to measure.

Larry