Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

GWS receiver glithing

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:58 AM
skrez
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS receiver glithing

HI Guys,
Yesterday I took my Formosa out for a maidain flight. When I started to walk away from the plane with the attena down to do a range check (only about 20 feet) the control sufaces were glithing wildly. The receiver is a GWS 6 c Nano single conversion type. I cheched all the connections, but still the same problem. I replaced it with a Hitec Electron 6 dual conversion and the problem went away. Has anyone had the same problem with these receivers?
Regards,
Frank
Old 04-06-2006, 11:53 AM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: GWS receiver glithing

Absolutely, I will not fly a GWS reciever in anything that is sensitive to glitches. I have one in a high wing trainer and it just doesn't matter. But if it is bad at 20ft, it might be really bad.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:58 PM
ChopperMike

Any of the cheap single conversion receivers are going to give you glitches. I have quite a few of the GWS rx's and I get glitches with all of them. However if you are getting glitching at 20' w/o the motor running, there is something wrong.

Mike
Old 04-08-2006, 06:05 PM
stockdaddy

I had one of those Naros and was lucky to get 3 feet of range Got a refund and got a Hitec Micro for $30. No more worries.