Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best all around transmitter???

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Best all around transmitter???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:23 AM
balluce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best all around transmitter???

yo,

i have the esky honey bee 3D and was wondering if i can use it to fly anything else (ie: a 3D plane). i would also like to know what's a good transmitter that can be used for most 3D planes or hydro foam flying boats and can also be used for FMS. i was thinking the 50$ range. nothing too fancy.

thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Best all around transmitter???

In the $50 range, I think your best bet is a used Hitec Laser 4 from ebay or the sales forums here. I got my used Laser 4 from ebay for $35 + shipping, which should put you right in the ballpark.

I think you may be able to get a basic GWS radio for that money at www.allerc.com. Have a look.

Personally, I'd rather have a used-but-not-abused radio of a solid make than a new one that may or may not be cheezy.

Now if you have the money to buy a decent transmitter and are trying to save $$, the transmitter is not the place to do it. After all, you don't crash transmitters. They'll be around for a while if you take care of them.

A Hitec Optic 6 is a great all around transmitter. It has enough channels and programming options to fly planes, sailplanes, 3D, and helis. I just love mine.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

I agree about spending a little more on the TX. Find a nice used one here on RCU marketplace and you wont regret it. I have a Futaba 7C and really like it. It has a lot of great features and a good price. The new 6 channel computerized radio from Futaba is a good choice too. It is somewhat limited though on options.

I also have a Futaba skysport6. I bought it bc I needed a flight pack and with the discount tower had on the tx it was the same price to buy the transmitter w servos etc as to buy just the flight pack. Its a nice radio with dual rates and setup for flaps and retracts. I think I got it for right around 100 brand new and that was with 4 servos and a rx. Its not computerized but its about as nice as a noncomputerized radio can get and if you catch them on sale they are a great deal.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:20 PM
stockdaddy

The best bang for the buck for a computer radio is the Hitec Optic 6.

Without a computer radio, you will have to reset your trims, reverse servos each time u switch planes.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Mitty

I'd vote for 9c by futaba.
Spend once on it and forget about spending anymore money ever.
All your models will be stored and plenty of room to grow.