Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help with first ESC + Futaba 9C

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Help with first ESC + Futaba 9C

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Ozy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with first ESC + Futaba 9C

Hello all,

I've been trying to solve this by searching and digging before posting, but I think I have run out of options. I am going to try electric, being a glow guy for a few years now. I recently treated myself to a new 9CHPS TX and was wanting to pair it with my first electric. I have setup my LiPo + ESC (Electrifly C-35) + Receiver R114F on my test bench and hooked up my motor. Everything is working fine, but I am having one odd issue. The throttle on my 9C had to be reversed, and its only using 50% of the throw. Instead of full down being off and full up being 100%, the middle is 0%, anything down is nothing, and only going up to the top gives me throttle control. Is this normal for electric? Do I have something set wrong in my 9C or ESC? I am in AERO mode, not HELI mode. I know that for sure. I find it odd that I cannot use the full length throw of my CH3 Throttle like on the Glow's.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

-Chris
Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 AM
coolbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with first ESC + Futaba 9C

I have the C-20 esc. It "learns" the control throw every time you turn it on. I assume you have your throttle completly off when you turn your esc on as any good safty conscious person should. But sometimes it confuses the esc. Be vary careful about this, but try putting your throttle to full when you turn on your esc, then smoothly cut the throttle to 0. The esc should then learn the range and arm itself. If that still doesn't solve the problem then change the throws on the radio. Sometimes the programable throws can confuse the esc. I know if I program my throws for more than 100% the esc won't arm itself.
Good Luck.