Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

GFK RC KITES

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 PM
slvmnr
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GFK RC KITES

Does anyone have a GFK rc kite? Need info.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:46 PM
airdancers

Default RE: GFK RC KITES

What would you want to find out about GFK kites? These are RC kites from Singapore. However, please be aware of imitations from China. They are selling about a 1/4 the original price of kites by GFK. These "fake" kites from China are of lower quality and standards. And feedbacks that GFK gets from some customers about these China kites are really bad. Appearantly, they don't really fly well. Once broken, you have to change the entire kite. Bad design and some design flaws. Just take note and buy the original RC Kites by GFK. They are the experts in RC Kites since 2001.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:19 PM
cosmic
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.goflykite.com/
Old 07-29-2006, 09:08 AM
cosmic
My Feedback: (2)

I contacted them and only seem to want to sell the PROIII... They seem to be more of a club.... So needless to say just buy a IFO, or grab some material and have at it.. I'm going to do the latter...
Just some info...
Old 07-29-2006, 12:48 PM
airdancers

cool, please let us see your creation as soon as you have done it.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
airdancers

Photos taken from GFK members.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 PM
jasonbrent

Ah, so you have to contact them to purchase? I was in singapore for 2 weeks a couple of months ago and kept seeing these flying out over the bay.. I couldn'tn figure out what they were.. I'm really glad to know now! They were very very cool.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:38 PM
airdancers

Sharing with you guys here some cool stunt video performed by the Air Dancers...

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MpzTr5fHKk]Air Dancers Show by www.goflykite.com[/link]
Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 PM
airdancers

This is another site www.rckites.com

[link=http://www.rckites.com]First & Original RC Kites[/link]
Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 AM
livinma1
My Feedback: (15)

I was in Singapore a month back and was having dinner at the equinox restaurant which is on the 69th floor and I was in discussion with my boss when I saw this thing with lites fly up and pass the window I was like what the heck is that. My boss and I went over and saw it was some sort of flying plane. I only had 1 day left in Singapore so I did not have a chance to go and findout who sold it.

Maybe next time.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:36 PM
airdancers

The original makers and creator of these kites is from Singapore, the name of the company is GoFlyKite.com and they are located at 30 Merchant Road, Riverside Point #02-12/13 Singapore 058282. Directly opposite Clarke Quay.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Heli007

If you want one be prepared to pay 450.00 includes radio system. They don't sell just the kite they sell it as a package. Heli007
Old 03-03-2007, 11:44 AM
gt5500

ORIGINAL: Heli007

If you want one be prepared to pay 450.00 includes radio system. They don't sell just the kite they sell it as a package. Heli007
I don't care how good they are that is a complete rip off, i think I could go to the kite shop down the road from me a buy the parts for the airframe for about $10 and the electronics could easily be bought for around $200, come to think of it I might try building my own one, aside from figuring out the CG position there is nothing that complicated about the airframe.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Anthony Hansen

I recently purchased a genuine Goflykite ProIII from Singapore. I have been left very disappointed by the quality of the product as well as their aftermarket service which took 42 days to even get around to acknowledge my spare parts order. You might like to consider some of the fake products on the market. It's not like you get a warranty with the genuine article so you may as well buy the cheaper version.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:46 PM
tam popo

Hiya guys: I saw the vids of GFK and thought i would make one, a doddle I thought. Well, on the Mk 4 version now and finally got i flying almost right. Cost in kite stuff £10 plus the motor and gubbins you need to complete - we've all got it in our hobby chests, haven't we!!! I'll put the piccys here in a bit. Details: either a 350 brushed with g/box (GWS type) or small TP bell-type b/less, esc to match, 2 servos, v-tail mixer if using older TX and RX. You'll need Ripstop Nylon and f/glass rods (3-4mm) - all this stuff can be gotten mail order on I-net from suppliers, search and ye shall find!!! You'll need epoxy, some balsa sheet, cable ties and thats about it.
You make a balsa spine the length of the Kite from the front to rear, I laminate balsa strips to give light weight and strength. Whatever motor you use find a way of mountin to spine at front. Look at the GFK website to dimensions of the one you prefer - the easiest is the Pro3. Bend the f/g rods to form the shape of the Kite and fasten to each other with cable ties. Place over the ripstop nylon and mark the outline then cut the nylon with about 2in. extra - this is to fold over the rods when glueing. Make elevons by same method but obviously smaller. Put a T-piece of balsa at bottom of spine to mount the elevon hinges to - your choice. Mount servos and rods to meet the horns on elevons. Fashion a prop saving rod at front, a must have. Mount the esc, Rx etc on spine (velcro'd), and make a tail (fixed) for rear. Fasten it all up after epoxying the nylon over the frame. And that s it, a slowfly prop of your choice but not the too flimsy sort and add the 850 2S or 3S just behind the motor for COG. See the piccs but if anyone wants more info or if I missed something out mail me here. Thanks guys, enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz10534.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	792534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy98694.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	792535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rd32331.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	792536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ts22060.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	792537   Click image for larger version

Name:	On46144.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	792538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wy51295.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	792539  
Old 01-14-2008, 03:46 AM
ater

I was at GFK the other day and wanted some spares, and took the kite I bought from them along, got some telling off that i had changed the motor and the esc to the type that they did not sell, and wanted me to buy the type and model they sold. On one hand they’re just trying to protect their market but on the other hand, I think they’ve missed the very essence of having a hobby, it’s a wonderful product, but I guess it’s just marketed poorly. Yep, my wife paid over SGD 600 (~USD400) for the kite alone, it’s crazy but it’s a present for her to me so I try to patronize GFK to give it some support and most of the guys there are pretty nice, but I won’t be going back there for a long long time…with their sales tactic...it's a pity.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
mrexcel

Please help/guide me to make one of these.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
rmillerawacs
My Feedback: (20)

Man I am going to have to try to make something like this!!! Hobby King here I come for some parts!!!! I have a lot of carbon fiber laying around, from building kites with. Let the fun begin!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 AM
tam popo

Hiya guys, sorry for the late reply. To be honest, save your time and money and go for an EPP version called the FliteBug (in the States) or the Bongo (in the UK). You'll have a great (almost!!) indestructible plane - see Ferndale's comments on the Flitebug in one of the threads on RCU......maybe the 'Indoor Flyer' or even Park Flyer threads. If I find the link I'll post it to you. See ya......
Old 08-04-2009, 06:23 AM
tam popo

Hiya again....I found the link to the LiteFlite bug and Ferndale's build tips - here ya go!!!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_69...tm.htm#8953480
Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 AM
Rainbow John

Has anyone tried emailing GFK, i have today & all i get is: Failed Recipient: [email protected]
Reason: The domain size limit has been exceeded.
seems they don't open any emails so they don't need the customers. !!!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Rainbow John

Have used a different email addy to GFK & this worked: [email protected] A very nice young lady called Ann answers the email & she is also the lady i met at the shop, very helpful. will let you know how i get on.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 PM
evaloress

Hi every one i'm new here and i can see that a lot people don't really kite GFK but i been there but the staff there is very helpful.Maybe that is the past but now the service is good.Ya i admit that sometime they reply email to me a bit late but they do apologize,now they even have distributor oversea.Here are few new kite that they have it now for sale.Here a the link show that they still flying at same placehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq4MdPlR0Qo&sns=emand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z59-f...layer_embedded is a nice video.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63357.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1638075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv67296.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1638076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42841.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	57.3 KB