Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Plane Recommendation Needed - Help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Plane Recommendation Needed - Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 02:07 AM
320i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane Recommendation Needed - Help

Hi everyone,
I am new with Electric Planes but have flown power planes, helicopters and gliders. I am also heavy into RC off road electric cars. I would like to stick with electric planes that can use 6 or 7 sub C cells so that I can interchange my batteries and use my high end 3000 nimh batteries between my car and electric plane.

Does anyone have any good recommendation on a kit that is fully aerobatic that I can use my battery packs? All recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,
CV
Old 01-05-2003, 02:22 AM
AirVenture-RCU

Sounds like you need a Corona Helicopter...like I mentioned in your other thread. It fits your needs pretty well. It uses a race car motor and 7-cell 2400. A lot of people also use 7-cell 3000s.

www.litemachines.com

-Brett
Old 01-10-2003, 05:08 PM
balsaman

The truth is there are not many electric airplanes that will fly of your 6 and 7 cell sub C packs. The car packs are usually just too heavy. Most electric planes need more cells. Gary Wright makes a direct drive buggy motor airplane that runs on 6 cell packs but I am not sure what kind of packs you have or if they would be suitable. I believe his setup draws around 40 amps. You could email him. Have a look at his web site. www.gwmp.net Look on the menu under Kwik-E. Its a very fast airplane.

Eric