Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Wal-mart has a Storm Launcher ripoff

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wal-mart has a Storm Launcher ripoff

Old 09-18-2006, 06:42 PM
londonandlawosn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wal-mart has a Storm Launcher ripoff

I was in there just now looking, and they has a SL ripoff for 49 and I believe the battery/charger was seperate.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:11 PM
twmoody

Default RE: Wal-mart has a Storm Launcher ripoff

I wouldn't shop at Walmart if they were the only store left.

Tom Moody
Old 09-18-2006, 10:08 PM
londonandlawosn

Down with capitalism!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To divert from the thread, I hate shopping at the central american, chineese distribution center myself. I only go there when I can't turn down an awsome deal. ex. hot wheels cars that sell all day long on the bay for $8 @ $.98.

I did notice the knock off but was able to turn it down due to the extensive plastic parts that where good breakage candidates and the external battery cost.
That said my kid loves his Aero Ace jet. Plus they are cheaper than anyone else by at least $.50 on rocket motors and we burn a bunch of them

I still hate that place[:'(]
Old 09-18-2006, 10:55 PM
londonandlawosn

Well i'm not hopping on the hate Wal-Mart bandwagon, it's cheap, convineant and easy to get in and out of, and they are everywhere.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:04 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether we choose to acknowledge it or not (and this does seem to be a matter of personal choice these days) the fact is that every dollar bill has two sides: One is what you get for it, and the other is where it goes. Like I said, we may not choose to take responsibility for where our dollars go, and we may only care about the other side: what we get for it. I know no one here would consciously give their hard earned dollars to the local crack dealer, right? So, there are moments when we are all conscious of that "other" side of our money. Well, I feel the same way about Walmart. They do a lot more harm to our country than good - just like crack dealers do - so it simply feels wrong to give them my money. The next time you give someone your hard earned dollars, I ask that you please take a second or two to think about where those dollars will be going, and what they will be used for. It puts things in a whole different light. It's your money, not theirs, and you can freely choose how it gets used.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Troy-RCU

It's the XPV, it doesn't go on water...
Old 09-19-2006, 02:11 PM
londonandlawosn

So I assume you don't just target wallyworld right? I assume your watchful eye extends to almost every retaoiler. It must be hard to shop for you.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:45 PM
rainedave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

londonandlawosn, I figured my post would make me sound self-righteous and judgmental, or arrogant. My life is as full of contradictions as anyone else's. Like the person on a diet who sneaks the order of fries, or the vegetarian who holds his pants up with a leather belt. It's totally impossible to live in our world and not support greedy people or wrongdoings in some way through our voracious consumerism. Honestly, I'm not even that watchful. I guess I'm just one of those bothersome people who believes that just because something's not against the law doesn't always mean it's right. We all have things that rub us the wrong way. WM is one of those things for me. I also realize that attitudes like mine rub some people the wrong way, too. But, we can't please everyone with our actions.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:14 PM
londonandlawosn

meh who cares
How about that SL ripoff?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 PM
L0stS0ul

Walmart is not the only place carrying it. I saw a ton at Toys R Us a few weeks ago. It is sad that they managed to get this out and distributed before the SL was largely available. From all of the video's I have seen this thing can barely be described as flying. The ground handling looks to be very good though but flying is pretty much straight out then plummet to the ground. I would not buy one due to the crappy looking flight performance. Plus no water? Why go to the length to make it look like a hydro if it won't work on the water?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Garrett1234567

I bought one a week ago at Radio Shack for 29.95. As for flying there is defenitly a learning curve. But after you get the hang of it it flies awsome. You can barrle roll, ive done a few back loops while diving into the wind. It does take some room to fly, a good 100 yrds around but it would be nice if it went on water. I landed in my pool and thought i fried the electronics. 1 motor quit and the other ran full power with the controller off. Dried it out and it works fine now. I recomend it if you find a deal.