Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need RC airplanes for school club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Need RC airplanes for school club

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:42 PM
sox101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need RC airplanes for school club

I am starting up an RC club at my high school, and would like some ideas on what would be some good airplanes to buy. I need electric ones of course, and they need to be able to fly in a soccer field which is located right next to the school. It would also be nice if they could fly in a gym, but not completely neccessary. I would like an airplane that is not extremely expensive, but not wal-mart quality either. I would also like an airplane that can do aerobatics, yet is still stable enough to teach others to fly with. It needs to be 4 channel also. Oh, and I would like it to be RTF. If you have any ideas for a more advanced 3d airplane for people who haved proved that they can fly well that would be appreciated also

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Fliprob17

Default RE: Need RC airplanes for school club

ParkZone Typhoon 3D....it is a flat foamie, can fly in just about any space.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:30 PM
sox101

i had looked at this airplane and thought it looked good, not sure how a beginner would do on it though. And do you think it could fly in a gym?
Old 09-19-2006, 03:48 PM
intimidator_md

This all depends on what "cheap" means. Hot Bodies splash 180 is due out soon, nice RTF 4ch for around $130. Otherwise Hobbico's Flyzone brand are nice 3ch RTF for around $120. These are great trainers. Nice planes those are like the skypilot. Or take the foam way out and go with a GWS Pico Moth or Formosa ARF. Also check out Parkzone.