Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

esc help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 AM
formerlyknownasAWB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc help

I have the gp electrifly c-12 esc. I believe that I have everything wired correctly. My problem is that there is no power to the motor. I have power at all the servos and it is connected to the correct channel for the throttle. I tried to reverse the throttle and still nothing, rewired the esc to the motor and still nothing. I'm stuck and could use some help please.

thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: esc help

I take it you've fully charged the battery, and that you've set the speed control correctly for the type of battery you have.

Some speed controls, after they are plugged in or turned on, need you to move the throttle stick to full throttle for a bit, 5 seconds or so, and then back to zero again before they will arm.

If that doesn't work, there may be the oddest chance that the motor is defective. If you can, hook up the battery directly to the motor (I would assume you knew to take off the prop [X(]) to check it. I would recommend securing the motor, or holding it, before doing this if there is a gear on the motor shaft. When it starts up, it can jump a bit on start up and do some damage to whatever it hits.

You can hook up the motor to any battery, you just want to see if it will spin.

If you don't have it, here's the link to the manual:
http://www.electrifly.com/manuals/gp...015-manual.pdf
Old 11-05-2006, 01:01 PM
formerlyknownasAWB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: esc help

and we are airborne.

thank you for your input. the way people offer their time and thoughts is what makes this site great. ty

for some reason the switch I was using did not get along with the esc and the receiver. so I am now running the esc directly into the receiver. it did the trick.

thanks again
J.R.