Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

First Plane, F-27B Stryker

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Gdel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Plane, F-27B Stryker

I just got this for christmas, just wondering if this is a good starting plane. Im guessing i dont need upgrades for right now since it probably goes fast enough, but what could i get if i i get better.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:34 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: First Plane, F-27B Stryker

This plane is a ball but it is far from being a starter plane. You will save yourself some money and a lot of frustration if you finda true starter and find someone to work with you on learning.
You will really enjoy the Stryker as a very stable, fast trick performer, please work your way up to it and enjoy the ride along the way!
Old 12-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Gdel

well, i got it for christmas, so id like to try to use it(is that possible to fly it good without flying anything else), but if i can i could return it, but what would you recommend.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:51 PM
tekajo

No way do you want to start with a stryker. My choice for a first plane is an easystar.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Gdel

So if i return it, i can get $180, what do you suggest me to get with it.
And are you sure i cant use the stryker i really like it.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:59 AM
r/cmark42

If you check out the "electric Training" forum, you will get hundreds of ideas for your first plane. It is highly reccommeneded that you find someone that can go out with you for some general flight instruction. It can get pretty expensive if you do it on your own (I did it that way and went through countless planes) This hobby is the best and I'd hate to see you get frustrated.

I stand by what I mentioned before about the Stryker, it is one of the most fun planes I currenly have. I get a big charge at it's speed, it's great looks and the tricks you can do with it but it is not even close to being a starter plane. Go to www.Horrizonhobby.com, they have have several starters in there Hobby zone series and thier park zone series or talk to your local hobby shop for suggestions
Old 12-27-2006, 10:29 AM
markh412

Suggest you take a serious look at the HobbyZone Super Cub. It flies like a dream. The Stryker is a blast, but unless you want to leave a smoking hole, not a beginner's plane. Since we already know you have a computer, I would HIGHLY recommend you invest a couple hundred bucks on RealFlight G3 or similar simulator software. A couple dozen hours packing 'em in on the software will save you major bucks downstream, and make the "real" RC flying experience so much more fun (who likes broken planes?)
Old 12-27-2006, 10:42 AM
r/cmark42

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=4395

Attached is the super cub reviews from R/C universe. looks like it gets high grades. one thing I can say about Horizon Hobby is they have wonderful back up service and parts.

Happy flying!!
Old 12-27-2006, 05:44 PM
dan3d

you might want to try a aerobird from hobby zone .save the stryker for later . that plane flys very fast but its a lot of fun.aero bird is alot of and will prep you for the stryker
Old 12-27-2006, 05:49 PM
ray foley

1. Join the local rc club
2. Ask the training officer what plane, motor, radio, etc. to buy.
3. pratice a lot.

Stryker is a third airplane, not a first time trainer.

ciao rjf