Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Electric motor for an olympic II

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Old 01-29-2003, 01:05 PM
jurjevib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric motor for an olympic II

Electric OlympicII
Back in the 80's I saw an olympic II flying with an electric motor. I'm wondering if anyone might have plans for this conversion. I'm getting back into the hobby and would like to built this sailplane. The one I saw was a speck in the sky and flew forever.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:25 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I remember right, they came with a cheap 05 motor. You can do better by going with a Magneic Mayhem with a gear box and a 11X6-7 "E" prop. THe motor is $20.00 from Tower. If you use the DG600 gear box that they sell for $14.00 you will need to retime the motor to run backwards, or you can get the gear boax from Hobby Lobyy that goes on the front like a cap. On a 6 cell pack it should take it up to be a small dot. An 8cell pack will get you there faster.

Dru.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:47 PM
jurjevib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply. A second question, does anyone have any drawing on the layout, down thrust, side thrust,etc.