Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Zagi XS
0%
Copmbat Wing XE2
0%
Other
100.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Best Beginner Plane?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Nebukatnizar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Beginner Plane?

What Is the best plane for me?

I have flown planes befor, but that was awhile ago, and i'd like to rethink my self as a total beginer, but i do have a rc truck tht i am quite familiar with...

I am looking for a strong electric rc plane, that has potential (e.g. acrobatics), such as a Zagi, or Combat Wing

I am a fan of the flying wing design but am open to anyting

I prefer a plane that comes as a combo with transimitter, servo, ...etc...
Old 01-10-2007, 09:46 PM
scoooper

Default RE: Best Beginner Plane?

ElijahVenheven::: theres tons of planes out there but you need a slow-stick or an E-Starter!!! you won't be sorry, there not RTF but all the stuff you get can go in other planes down the road, few RTF planes have stuff you can swap (or fix), an the cost is about the same an in some cases cheaper, your bub, scoooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12586.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	595314   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43213.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	595315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13678.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	595316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga78382.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	595317  
Old 02-10-2009, 12:26 AM
mce719

Nebukatnizar,

Wings are tough for a beginner and what scoooper recommends is probably a good start, but you might also try a Multiplex Easy Star which comes in a complete kit and there a lot of posts on mods. I started with a Zagi and didn't have too much trouble getting the hang of it (must of got everything right in the build), but did have my share of ground attacks (trying to fly ground level inverted). All was good, the wings are mostly made of EPP which is extremely forgiving and can take a lot of abuse.

Good luck,
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Witterings

If you really do consider yourself a newbie again then as the others have suggested maybe a Slow Stick, EasyStar or HobbyZone SuperCub.
I would have though though if you had quiet a bit of experience before then maybe get a Simulator and a MultiPlex MiniMag which you can set up as 3 channel to start with and when you're ready it takes about 5 mins to switch to 4 channel and free up the ailerons.
If you think you're back in the hobby for a while get a decent TX like maybe a Spektrum DX6i or if you have the budget a DX7 and certainly the Multiplex planes arae available in plug and play ie just add a TX and RX and you're away.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:28 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I have to agree here. Wings or deltas (like the Stryker) are a bit much for a beginner. The Super Cub seems to be a very popular beginner plane, and many experienced pilots enjoy flying it as well. It's RTF for about $160. If you want a more advanced electric trainer and can afford to spend $300, the E-flite Apprentice 15e RTF looks pretty nice. Here's links to both:

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HBZ7100]HobbyZone Super Cub RTF[/link]
[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL2725]E-flite Apprentice 15e RTF[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18153.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1132375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56271.jpg
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1132376  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Tamiya Tony

I stopped flying for twenty years and started again this past DEC never flew anything but trainers before. Then one day my son talks me into the lhs and I bought a PZ T-28,I spent two days on the real flight sim and off I went.I now have 16 solos on her and it flys great,it can fly fast or slow way down and is very stable,I think you can learn on it as I have.............
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Willit Run 353

the seagull models Innovator is perfect. its a serious model. But if you think you're going to crash then go for a foam one. The art tech series like the mustang handles just like a trainner. I you have had a lot of practice then don't get a trainner and go for something like a foam warbird!!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:03 AM
hdpartman
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: Tamiya Tony

I stopped flying for twenty years and started again this past DEC never flew anything but trainers before. Then one day my son talks me into the lhs and I bought a PZ T-28,I spent two days on the real flight sim and off I went.I now have 16 solos on her and it flys great,it can fly fast or slow way down and is very stable,I think you can learn on it as I have.............
I agree with Tony, I have not flown in the last 40 years and found myself wanting to get back into the hobby. I purchased a T-28 PNP list price is $169.00. There is a need to add your own Radio and batteries. The stock $249.00 comes with all Ready To Fly (RTF), but at such a minimum quality. A 1800mAh Battery, When a 2200 mAh is a better choice. Purchasing a real radio on a new 2.4 radio that gives very secure feelings and a real charger. With these other parts, there is always the availability to move to lager planes, You already have what you need.
[link=http://secure.ultracart.com/thumbs/HZ/1/D/450-1D88D71703897C271F61A675687D3C0D.jpg]
Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Muroc1

I wonder what the OP ever went with. It's been a couple years now. Perhaps he gave up?

Frank