Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electro Streak motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 03:59 AM
L48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electro Streak motor

Sounds like the stock motor is on the weak side.
Has anyone ever heard of a Multiplex Permax 600 motor? Is that any better or not?
Old 02-01-2003, 09:37 AM
genovia

It's a good motor
Old 02-01-2003, 09:46 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ell:

Ship me your motor, include return postage, I'll retime it for you. No charge ecept the postage. The 550 pulls the Electro Streak very well with just a little alteration.

If interested E-mail me, we'll exchange addresses.

Almost stock the motor will scream.
. You won't need to stir your cream.

Bill.
Old 02-01-2003, 04:27 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My stock motor did not perfome worth beans. I went with a Endo Plasma with a 3.6:1 gear box running a 12X6 E prop on 8 2400 nicd pack. Now it flys like a rocket. You will also need to retime the Endo to run backwards. The cost of this set up is not bad. $20.00 for the motor, $14.00 for the gear box.

Dru.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:23 PM
GeraldO
My Feedback: (2)

The Permax 600 is virtually identical to the stock motor.
You could use a Kyosho Atomic Force motor (17 turn) direct drive on 6 or 7 cells in this airframe. It will cost about the same as the Permax motor but perform better and is higher quality. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LA3331&P=1

We use the Endoplasma (16 turns) direct drive in the GWMP "Kwik-e" on 6 cells turning a 6x6 Graupner folding prop. It will go about 80mph in level flight with this combo. http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/e/geraldod/kwik-e.html

The Electrostreak is a slightly larger model and has a thicker wing than the Kwik-e, that's why I'd recommend the Atomic Force rather than the Endo' for a similar type of high speed flying capability. You would want to prop it for about 40Amps max static load. With 6 cells this would be a 7x5 prop and give about 63mph top speed in level flight with awesome climb. With 7 cells use a 6x6 prop, top speed will be about 70mph level flight.

You'll need a high Amp capable ESC such as the Griffin 40 or Griffin 50 by Castle Creations. http://www.castlerc.com/products/air...riffin-40.html

Battery should use 2400mAH or higher Sub-C NiCd cells or 3000mAH NiMH. The high currents will be very hard on lower capacity cells.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:41 PM
electro-streak

Default RE: Electro Streak motor

I have the electro streak and put in a 15-4-4 brushless and man, that thing is awsome now, stock motor could barly get it off the ground