Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can I replace my built in transmitter battery?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Can I replace my built in transmitter battery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 03:20 PM
samsclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I replace my built in transmitter battery?

I have an old JR C7. Its 9.6v T x 12 battery needs to be replaced but I do not know how to replace it. can someone please help me out??
Old 01-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Hatty

Default RE: Can I replace my built in transmitter battery?

Go buy a replacement pack like this one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXH347&P=ML I'm not familiar with your transmitter, but I would bet it has the same type of pack as this one since it is pretty much the standard.

The connector probably won't be the same, so you might have to cut the wires and solder them together. When cutting, make sure you cut one at a time to avoid shorting the pack. Make sure you use heat shrink on the wire to cover up the bare wire.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:20 PM
daveosoar

Solder a female servo socket on a short wire to the Tx plates then you can change the 9.6V pack as you wish, if your pack has a male connector, which 90% have.
Dave.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:02 PM
samsclub

Forgive me but I am not to familiar with your terminology(servo sockets, Tx plates). But I do understand the concept, could you explain it a little more in-depth to me? There’s a brown and red wire from the transmitter that seem to be sotered to the red and black wires from battery.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy the new appropriate batt. and it will have the red,+ wire and the black - or maybe brown. By the way, in Europe, ground wire is normally brown and North America it's black. Unsolder the red trans. wire and solder it to the new batt red wire with appropriate heat shrink. Then do the same with the other wire. Charge it up and your good to go.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Hatty

1. Buy a replacement battery like this one: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXH347&P=ML (note: it would be best if you can get the manufacturer's replacement battery for your transmitter. Call them and see if they have one like it. It will probably be cheaper than the one I have listed)
2. Buy heat shrink like this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD652&P=7
3. Cut the two wires on the old battery at about half the length. Do this one at a time, not at the same time.
4. Cut the two wires of the new battery at the end so you have a lot of wire to work with. Do this one at a time, not at the same time.
5. Strip about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch of the coating off the four ends of wire with a wire stripper.
6. Place some of the heat shrink tubing on the two wires of the new battery. Make sure they are away from the soldering iron so they don't shrink before you need them to.
7. Solder the two black/brown wires together and then the two red wires together.
8. Slide the heat shrink over the soldered joint and take a blow dryer (or your soldering iron if you're careful) to shrink the heat shrink.

In the end, your new battery should be connected to the transmitter (the Tx) with one heat shrink tube covering the black wire's open solder joint and one covering the red wire's open soldered joint.

If you do not know how to solder, then practice first before you do this. There are many tips and instructions on the interned on how to solder. Just do a google search.

Good luck.