Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Parkzone Typhoon Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:28 PM
paul_harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Typhoon Problem

I just flew my new typhoon today for the first time and noticed that during the flight the brushless motor frequently cuts out for a very short period (less than a second) then starts up again during flight. I range checked the plane and there was no twitching of the servos. The battery was fully charged and the typhoon flew fine. Is this a normal occurance for the Parkzone Typhoon, or should I be worried?

Thanks
Paul
Old 01-27-2007, 02:42 PM
tinky-winky

Default RE: Parkzone Typhoon Problem

There may be a problem with EMF inteference. Therefore, I suggest adding a capacitor over the motor, and see if that helps. There could also be the possibility of a faulty ESC, but for now try adding some capacitors.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 AM
saitofreak

Could also be that the ESC is overheating and protecting itself from damage by shutting off intermittently. The typhoon has a narrow channel between the motor and the battery bay - check that there are minimal obstructions and that air can flow from motor to battery bay. Just a thought.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Leo L

I would be willing to bet that this only happens when the plane crosses the tip of the antenna, with the antenna pointing at the plane. Transmitters give off the weakest signal along this line. Try flying the plane with the antenna held horizontal and see if the problem goes away.