Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Fun force planes

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Smokin_Ace RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun force planes

I am interested in buying a fun force or flat outs or something like that, i was just wondering if its worth it, are they fun, easy to fly, and how fast do they come out of the box?????????????????????????????????????????
Old 02-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Hatty

Default RE: Fun force planes

I heard they fly well but are not very durable. I'm looking to get one though as soon as my Great Planes rebate comes in the mail. Man they take forever!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:52 AM
monkeygutz69

Smokin_Ace, Saw Your question in the other post as well as here. To answer Your question... The Flatout and Fun Force Planes are two different beasts. Flatouts are highly maneuverable, slow flying extreme aerobatic type flyers.They are flat foam and not designed for speed. The Fun Force Planes are Warbirds with real airfoil wings and even though they have large control surfaces, they are excellent for sport/high speed flying.
Out of the box, the Fun Force Mustang was ,I felt,way under powered.The brushed motor just didn't have the "umph" I was looking for so I went the brushless route. My flying buddy, Travis, bought the Hellcat and felt the same way, that it was under powered, so we both started out with Himax 2025-4200, 6.6:1gb, TP 1320 3 cell, 10x7 APC props
He now has a 2409-18, 18 amp esc, 1320 TP 11.1pro-lite, and 11x4.7 APC sf. It is VERY aerobatic.. He can almost hover the thing. I wanted speed, as any Mustang MUST have, so I opted for the 2409-12, 25amp esc, 1320 TP 11.1 pro-lite, and APC 8x6 sf. It is BALLISTIC!!!!!!!!
His was a floater.. I crashed 10 times...< bad pilot!> I used Gorilla Glue and paint stir sticks to make a new front end.( contrary to what You may have heard, this planes are VERY durable.I crashed over and over with small to repairable damage) The one problem I see is the CF Rod/stick mount are rather weak. Seems the rod goes thru the plane only on the top half of the Fuse and the torque twists it loose after a few flights. We actually wrapped tape over the nose, of Travis' plane, from the top around the whole cowl to make the motor stay put.Mine was so torn up that I took some glue and paint sticks and made me a new front end.It is now officially named " Franken-Stang". The guys at the field think it is a hoot.
It is one ugly mutha.. It is a Rat's Rat, but it sure do fly good!!!!! Plus, being ugly has its advantages... when it goes up all the pretty planes land, and No One would even consider stealing it!!!!!
Anywhooo...the choice is up to You. You must decide what YOU want. But IMHO, You can't go wrong with either one as long as You remember that they are both"Job Specific"
ps..If anyone reads this and wants pics, let me know and I will post some..but be warned.. Franken-Stang is so ugly it has to trick or treat by phone!!!!!!
Best Regards, Monkey Gutz
Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 PM
monkeygutz69

As proof of the power of ugly,I present for Your viewing pleasure.... Franken-Stang... I have had F-S since 9/14/2006 and it is still in the air. I think that is some sort of record for me.LOL!
Best Regards, Monkey Gutz
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48961.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	618825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68143.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	618826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65033.jpg
Views:	10