Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Nicad or Nimh for electric motors.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Nicad or Nimh for electric motors.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 02:48 AM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nicad or Nimh for electric motors.

I plan on putting a 15\30 brushless motor in a 100 inch sailplane. I would like to use at least 1200 mah batteries. Would I be better off using Nimh since you can use much smaller batteries with the same mah rating than when using Nicds. Ive heard the output is a bit less than Nicds. I dont plan on doing stunts etc......just flying around and thermaling etc.
Old 02-16-2002, 06:54 AM
HitecRedneck

If you use nimh add one battery more. Example 7 nicad, 8 nimh. Also you can increase the capacity with nimh, Example 600 nicad and 1000 nimh about the same weight.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:42 PM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Some Nimh can't take the amp draw that nicads can. Trying to suck too much juice out of say an 1100 pack, it might just shut down. I would go to 3000's nimh if you want to use the Nimh. For a good pack I'd look at the CP 1700 pack, that would give you good power, they are nicads so they take the drain, yet aren't too heavy.

--Paul
Old 02-25-2002, 05:07 AM
Rod
My Feedback: (1)

Take a look at the Panasonic 2000 mah NiMH cells. They are lighter than the 3000 mah NiMH Panasonic cells and should hanle your amp requirements. I have used them with a Jeti 15/4 and an Astro 05G Brushless with good results.