Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

What motor to choose???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 12:44 AM
jchuston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor to choose???

Ok, so I have this problem...I have two threads going...one asks which electric aerobatic plane I should get...I now have the answer to that question...next, if I do not want to order the motor with the plane (a GWS EPS300C-D) I would prefer to order another...probably from tower...how do I know what kind is the same...I have no clue about electric motors...

Thanks

-John
Old 02-14-2003, 01:33 PM
latch66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor to choose???

John,

If you're talking about the GWS P51, my advice is to go with what they recommend as a start.

Use the motor they recommend and get the biggest (i.e. most number of cells(highest volts) and the most MAH rating) they recommend.

Do a search on the GWS P51 and see what others have done.

GWS has a good reputation for their stuff working as called for from the box. But, you will want to go ahead and step up to the larger battery pack. It does directly affect how well the airplane flies.

Good Luck!