Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Flight Power balancer adapter

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Flight Power balancer adapter

Old 03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
AeroAggie
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Power balancer adapter

Can somebody please point me to an adapter for a FlightPower LiPo so I can use my Triton 2 and Equinox? I'm totally new to Lipos and didn't realize there was such a variety of plugs for balancers. Seems kinda stupid to me. Anyway, it might be similar to Thunder Power plugs, as best I can tell in lousy online pics, but I can say for certain it's not the same as the Great Planes/Electrifly connectors.

Is there any harm in charging through the primary power leads?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:05 AM
jzrf6c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flight Power balancer adapter

Check out the web for adapters. If you can't find one maybe you can make your own. But, you'll need a plub that fits the Equinox. I believe Tower hobbies sells the adapters for the Equinox. To make the adapter for your LiPo you'll also need a plug that fits the LiPo. For wiring you can figure it out with a Volt meter and some testing of the LiPo plug. Usually, Black is ground and each color is a tap to a Cell. So, if you read 3.4 V from say blue to black then that the tap for cell one. If it's 6.8V from say green to black then the tap is to the second cell and so on.

Hope this makes sense.