Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Jeti info needed NOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 01:39 AM
bmwbob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeti info needed NOW!!!!

I have a Jeti brushed controller in my T-33 which has no label. I have not owned one of these before.
I CAN tell you:
1. It handles 8 cells and 35 amps just fine
2. If you power it up when the TX throttle stick is NOT at low, the controller emits a series of beeps, and the motor won't run.
3. If you power it up with the throttle stick at low, the controller emits ONE beep, and the motor will run.
What I NEED to know is; how do you enable the prop brake function?
I believe it is NOT enabled, as when the controller is on, I can rotate the fan with no more resistance than what the motor magnets provide with no power applied.
This controller is SUPPOSED to go into a glider this Saturday.
HELP!!!!!
Please!!!!
TIA,
Bob Cowgill
Cocoa, Florida
E-mail:[email protected]
Old 02-20-2003, 02:06 AM
latch66

My 2 cents is to contact Hobby Lobby.

They import the Jeti ESC's and can probably tell you all you want to know about it.

I've talked to their customer service group about a charger before (one that was given to me without the instructions) and they were most helpful.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:46 AM
BoomZilla

On most of the Jeti controllers to switch brake modes, power on with throttle ON. Wait for beeps, move throttle to OFF and remove power.

When you power up throttle off, 1 beep= brake on, 2 beeps = brake off. You probably can't tell if the brake is on by spinning the prop. Instead spin it up at max throttle then shut the throttle off. If the prop stops in 2-3 seconds, the brake is on.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:15 AM
bmwbob
My Feedback: (1)

The motor in the T-33 ( AP29L ) has such strong magnets that they stop the fan RAPIDLY when power is removed, sort of mimicking the action of a brake.
As it turns out, another fellow sent me the info I needed, along with a most helpful PICTURE!
I have a microprocessor based controller, and the brake was disabled by having a shorting jumper installed between two pins on the motor end of the controller. Simply removing this plug-in jumper enabled the brake.
Thanks to all who responded!
Bob Cowgill
Cocoa, Florida
E-mail:[email protected]