Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Thunder Power - Stands behind it's product!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Thunder Power - Stands behind it's product!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Fliprob17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Power - Stands behind it's product!!

I am sure that many of you have dealt with warranty issues, or returns, etc. with regards to this hobby. And I am sure that many of you will agree that sometimes it is about as fun as PULLING TEETH!!! Or getting teeth pulled I guess.

I just wanted to share my experience with Thunder Power. Right off the bat things were different than with other companies I have dealt with. The customer support actually acted happy to talk to me, actually acted like they really wanted to help:

I had a 2100mah 3cell 11.1 volt Pro-Lite that I purchased brand new thru an E-Bay seller. Well, they offered no returns or exchanges, etc. with the sale. When I got the battery, all 3 cells were warped, the battery looked like an S-curve. Since the seller offered no returns, exchanges, etc., I figured I would put a connector on it, check the voltage and see if it would accept a charge. After putting the connector on, I just did not feel comfortable with the battery. I am a little leary of the LiPo's and always handle them with care and respect. I just did not feel comfortable with the warp in the battery. So I read the Thunder Power handout that comes with the battery and it specifically states that they will not accept or warranty batteries if a connector has been put on them. Well, I figured I would give it a go anyway.

I explained the policy of the E-Bay seller I bought it from, I explained that I had put a connector on it, did not have the manuf. tag or plastic bag, etc. They immediately told me to send it in and they would replace it That is what I am talking about Standing 100% behind your product and making sure your customers are happy. I received a phone call 2 days after I sent it in saying that a replacement was on it's way. I got my brand new battery today [sm=lol.gif]

Big time 5 thumbs up for Thunder Power [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 04-16-2007, 11:21 PM
SS2P

Default RE: Thunder Power - Stands behind it's product!!

Agree, TP is also my favorite but they like to overprice their stuff. Still, Thumbs up :P
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 AM
GeraldRosebery
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: SS2P

Agree, TP is also my favorite but they like to overprice their stuff. Still, Thumbs up :P

There is no free lunch. Buy a good product and get good service - yup, I'll go for that! Try and get MaxAmps to stand behind a product they sell!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Gary Hoorn

My first Lipos were Thunder Power. 3 of them are still working even though they are old technology. In the meantime I have tried a few other brands. Those are gone now as they were inferior. TP may cost a bit more but they deliver customer service. They also are the lightest weight for capacity I have found.
Gary
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Fliprob17

It is definitely worth the extra $$ to have the piece of mind, knowing that you have a good product and that the company behind the product will support it. To date I have only tried Thunder Power and Apex. The Thunder Power packs perform much better. I have been tempted several times by these E-Bay specials 3 cell 11.1 volt 2200mah for $34.99, etc. To me it is not worth risking the $34.99 for something I know nothing about, I would rather wait until I have the $$ to get the Thunder Power pack. Knowing that I will not be sacrificing any performance, get the most out of my planes, and avoid any possible malfunctions by no name packs.

The Thunder Power packs definitely have a better power to weight ratio. For example, they are a good 0.8 ounces lighter in the 2100mah category than any equivalent pack.