Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Electric Motors ect?? Help !!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric Motors ect?? Help !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 04:45 AM
oscar71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Motors ect?? Help !!

Hi all,
Right i have always flown nitro planes,but after going to a small model airshow this weekend i am really interested in 2 electric models (Simprop Turn left + Multiplex AcroMaster)

But i really dont have a clue about the numbers on electric motors (i have one that says Vortex 28/30/1270 on it?) And what Lipo's i would need and what the numbers on these mean,or even how to look after them best!

I know i am asking alot off you guys cause i really dont have a clue but i do want to learn and get into it,so any help on the electrics or the planes would be great,and thanks in advance !!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:02 AM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: Electric Motors ect?? Help !!

Not familiar with your motor but GENERALY the first set of #'s is the diameter of the motor or 28mm
The 30 would be the length or depth of the motor minus the shaft. The 1270 in your case I would say is the kv rating of the motor. It is the RPM that the motor will spin with 1 volt applied or 1270rpm's. 1270 would make it a middle of the road general purpose outrunner for 3 cell lipos I would say.
On lipos each cell produces a nominal voltage of 3.7v So 3 cells in series would equal 11.1v The other number on a lipo is the capacity in amps (2100mah equals 2.1 amps) This roughfly equates to the size of the fuel tank for a IC engine. Hope this helps you out. Others may chime in if I'm mistaken on anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck
Bob
Old 05-06-2007, 10:06 AM
oscar71

That all makes good sence,thanks very much!
Now i can start looking to get into it,i also have 1600 3cell lipo and a 25 amp sc so this might get me going for the acromaster.
Like you said if anyone would like to add anything i am more than willing to listen!!
Again thanks alot !
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 AM
oscar71

How do i know what size motor and battery these planes take?