Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Newbie needs charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:23 AM
2255pmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs charger

What's recommended for under $75?

The only charger I ever owned is the one that comes with my RTF's kits and you plug them in the wall. I guess it's time to put on big-boy pants and get a real charger. I'm looking for a charger that will handle 3-5 pack lipo's and some NiCd 6/8-packs. That’s about all I know to ask. What else should I be concerned about? Seems like all chargers connect to a car battery. Do they make chargers that plug into 110? Do they have them with cigarette lighter inputs?

Thanks for helping out this newbie.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:26 AM
ServoShack

Default RE: Newbie needs charger

I don't know too much about chargers, but I've heard a lot of good things about Thunder Power. Maybe you should check them out?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:16 AM
mrasmm

if you go up about $50 on your price range, that is where most of the chargers are at that have the kind of specs you are looking for, but you might also try looking at this one

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMAH9&P=ML

you would need a seperate balancer for it though that would run you about $30 or so.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

do you own lipo packs already? Your final choice of a charger balancer might be swayed by what you already have. Especially if you thunder power packs. Seems like every pack manufacturer has a different plug for charging. I've found that Thunder Power packs can only be properly charged and balanced using Thunder Power equipment. Yes, I have 2 different set ups for that various packs I have. One for the thunder power packs and another to handle my e-flight/parkzone/Apache packs...Yes it is a pain! [:@]
Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
mrasmm

actually they have real convient balance end adaptors for about $3 bucks over at csrc, so you can convert your charger to work with your battery if they are not the same to start with =)

http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=32_39