Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

What is the big difference bettween Cub 40 & Superstar EP

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

What is the big difference bettween Cub 40 & Superstar EP

Old 07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
snowman333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the big difference bettween Cub 40 & Superstar EP

Hello Everyone ,
As some of you may remember I purchased a Hanger 9 Piper Cub 40 about two or three months ago . I learned on a Hobby Zone Super Cub and wanted to move up to something better . This was way to big a jump for me without someone to help me , almost everything that Ive learned ( and its not much ) I had to learn on my own !! I'm the only flyer around my area . Witch is not a problem, I don't mind learning the hard way .

So after a few crashes I decided that before I totaly trashed my new Piper Cub I had better get a plane somewhere in between . A steping stone if you will . ( I should have done this in the first place ) So last week I purchased the Hobbyco Superstar EP. Its a 48" span with alleron's. ........ And flew it this morning , it fly's perfectly , I couldn't be happier with the way it flys !! I flew it four times this morning before the wind picked up .... ( what a BLAST !!!!!! ) Very good Air Plane . I had no problem flying this plane what so ever .

My Question to you expert's is this ,,,, What is the difference in these two ?? One has 80" span the has 48" span . Should they fly that much differently ?? What am I doing wrong ? The Piper Cub didn't want to fly very good for me for what ever reason . I had a lot of trouble with this one . It was like you had to fly it real fast , is that the way this plane is ? Do you have to fly it that much faster than the Superstar EP ? Is it the size thats the difference ?? It just seams to me that the two should fly similar ?
Any Input is appritiated , and thanks for your HELP !!!!!

Alan
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: What is the big difference bettween Cub 40 & Superstar EP

I'd check the basics - Center of gravity. control throws it might be as easy as puttin your battry pack back further. the cub;s usually a docile flyer. As for the SS Ep, I/ve had a few great basic plane i've hot rodded mine every thing from cheap geardrive and car motor to 3 brushless conversions, 8 to 10 cell nickle metal to lipos of all types
Old 07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
snowman333

Ya I am thinking about hopping the SS that I have up , its definetly under powered . What would be a good in runner that would mount in place of the 600 ?? And what size Lipo ? Could I stay with the 30 amp ESC ?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:31 AM
jzrf6c

Cubs are very different airplanes with totally different characteristics. Sort of like Apples and Oranges - both are fruits but very different. Also, is one Nitro and the other electric?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:03 PM
snowman333

They are both electric !