Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ESC's and motor timing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ESC's and motor timing?

Yep, new to the brushless world! Just got a 4.5" EDF and a hog of an inrunner to power it. I'll be getting a 100A ESC in the near future. I have a WeMoTec Midi coupled to an Aveox with a Phoenix 60 ESC. Question is how should one set 'timing' when programming an ESC? The instructions I have are a bit sketchy and would like to understand the concept-don't understand timing as it pertains to an electric motor, brushed or brushless. Bill
Old 07-25-2007, 05:33 PM
DIYMark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESC's and motor timing?

changing the timing has to do with changing when and which coil gets powered...

obviously the benfit is to increase efficeincy and all that but u can change it to get more torque or more revs. In brushless it is done electonicaly and in brushed its mechanical (moving brushes around the commutator).

Sorry but i havent had any experiance with your esc so i cant really help on how to program it [&:]