Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

multiplex easystar

Old 07-28-2007, 09:50 PM
goblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiplex easystar

Iam thinking about buying an easystar rtf for a trainer, no r/c experiance at all. Would you buy the rtf or build it yourself and upgrade to better batteries,controller,etc right away. Am pretty sure that I will stay with the hobby. thanks for your suggestions. Larry
Old 07-29-2007, 06:35 AM
bluemax50

Default RE: multiplex easystar

I bought the Easystar RTF from Hobby Lobby abiut 2 weeks ago myself. It's my first RC plane and after a few nights playing with the FMS simulator on the computer I took it out and was flying at the local park!!! I am very impressed with my choice, it is rugged and flys well. I had a few controlled crashes which the Easystar survived without a scratch. One thing I've already learned is pay attention to the planes center of balance when installing the battery, my battey had shifted towards the nose of the plane and I couldn't control it on take offf. Adjusted the battery and it floated like a butterfly!!! Really you can't go wrong with the Easystar for a first slow flying rugged plane. It was recommended to me by memebers of a local flying club and they weren't wrong. Buy it ,you won't regret it. Now that I have the bug I'm waiting for that slow stick and Spektrum DX6 to come in. Happy Flyin!!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Witterings

Haven't flown the Easy Star myself (learnt with the Hobbyzone Super Cub) but had the Multiplex Minimag and just bought an Acromaster, certainly their kit is excellent and quiet robust and certainly the write up's say it's a good 1st plane http://www.modelspot.com/mpx/easy.htm .
If you think you're going to stay with it no reason not to buy the upgraded bits to start with and then put them into another plane, the only thing you really want to bear in mind though a trainer is slow for a reason so don't try and make it faster as you'll probably just crash it.
Also really would get FMS Simulator if you haven't anyone to teach you and spend quite a few hours on it before attempting to fly whatever plane you get.

Hope that's of help and good luck !!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Witterings

Just came across this thread as well which you may find useful and one of the people in there was self taught with an East Star http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6141542/tm.htm
Old 07-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Muskellunge

Go Blue (I'm in MI , by the way),

Go with the RTF, if you have no RC equipment right now. The RTF will be a GREAT place to get started in the hobby.

As this is my first post here, I'm not sure if it will be accepted, so I'm being brief.

Muskie